Oakdale Elementary teachers this week began setting up their classrooms in their new spaces on the remodeled upper floor of Westside’s West Campus. You won’t see many teachers in these photos, however. They were busy meeting to prepare for students’ return Aug. 10. The lower level also was updated to house the Westside High School West Campus and the Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) program. In total, approximately 160,000 square feet was renovated. Details include:
- Security entrance vestibules on both levels.
- New playground areas, reusing Oakdale equipment
- ADA upgrades
- Identified area of refuge
- Electrical and security system improvements
- Building envelope and site repairs
- New fire sprinklers